- Growing up one of seven children surrounded by the love, chaos, camaraderie and weirdness of my family taught me appreciate small things and understand what really matters in life.
- I love turnip.
- My cat has only three legs.
- I lied about my height on my drivers licence.
- I am right handed and mathematically challenged but the mother of two left-handed mathematical geniuses.
4 things on my bucket list
- Go to Florence, Italy.
- Buy a beach house.
- Adopt a goat.
- Learn how to sail.
3 things I hope for this year
- To make each day fun and productive.
- Utilize the amazing technology available to me effectively.
- Be careful with the feelings of others.
2 things that have made me laugh or cry
- Once I was teaching students to use speech-to-text software. A student dictated "Walt Whitman was an important man," but the text read "Walt Whitman was a dentist on vicodin."
- I work at a Quaker school where we sing a song about George Fox. When the entire student body is singing this verse, which is all about redemption and overcoming tribulation, I always cry.
"There's an ocean of darkness
and I drowned in the night
Til I came through the darkness
to the ocean of Light."
1 thing that I wish people knew about me
- While I am totally comfortable with solitude, I really appreciate being invited to join in.