Skip to main content

A Chamber of Secrets


I have exactly one drawer in my desk.  The contents are strange and I am continually finding things in it that I did not know were there, which is why I call it The Chamber of Secrets. In it, I keep things that fall into three different categories:

Things of sentimental value:
  • a picture of my very first class
  • notes from colleagues and students
  • a camera that contains pictures I am too lazy to upload, but might want to look at one day
Things I need on a regular basis:
  • pre-sharpened Ticonderoga pencils (my favorite writing implement)
  • tape
  • paper clips
  • school letter head notepaper
  • staples
Random things which have no real use, but I can't seem to get rid of:
  • small toys (mostly Lego guys) that I have confiscated from a student (he never did ask for them back)
  • brass fasteners (I might one day find a purpose for them!)
  • grey thread (because I might need to sew someday) but no needle (oh, wait..)
  • a hair barrette (I don't ever wear them, but...)
It isn't much to look at, but it keeps the top of my desk looking much better!

Comments